Thursday, July 26, 2012

CIVIL ACTION: US ATTORNEY JIM MIDDLETON

7/26/2012
Charles L. Evans
716 Azalea
DeSoto, Texas 75115
Attention:
Tyler Office
110 North College, Suite 700
Tyler, Texas 75702
 U.S. Attorney:  Jim Middleton
I want to explore my legal rights for my oil and gas lease with Exxon-Mobil.  The following brief is reflective of what I have endured the last thirty years of Exxon-Mobil producing for my lease.
I'll never forget what the Sheriff of Gilmer, in Upshur County, Texas, said to me, “I ain't never seen no dead folks before." I was at the Upshur County court house looking through the deed and title library; copying everything I could about Grandma Becky's land. The land men were Lee Raymond and Matthew Clark from Exxon-Mobil, the well was Gladewater Gas Unit #5, Well 1; the well was producing millions of cubic feet of high-cost natural gas per day along with condensates. The remark from the sheriff, there is still a Sherriff’s deed in effect in Upshur County on my land now, was in reference to who owned the land the well was on. The hundred or more claimants all had deeds and titles; by law Exxon-Mobil had to cure the title opinion. I realize today, thirty years later, that it wasn't going to make any difference for our family. My great-great grandmother bought five hundred acres or more in Upshur County in the 1870's, lock, stock and barrel. Grandma Becky had brought land, in 1870, that is geographically in the center of what was five hundred billion barrel's or more of oil and quadrillions of cubic feet of high cost natural gas in 1930, the East Texas Oil Field.  This land was a dangerous place for many reasons to her and her family; we are black. She provided work and refuge for her family, the ex-slaves wanting work and freedom to begin a new life. The wrath of the Klu Klux Klan came down on her and the people living on her land; men, women and children were tortured, and killed. The torrent of oppression and hate for her is still evident today at the cemetery she rests in; her tomb stone bears this epitaph, “The white woman who loved niggers!”, the hate is still there in Upshur County.
I want to file civil charges against Exon-Mobil with your office on the Breach of Contract and defrauding of the oil and gas at the lease, with the gas production being in the billions of cubic feet since 1980. Well #2 was reclassified as an oil well in 2005 but has been shut-in since 2006; the parity is not there in the field as interest on the opposite side of Lake Gladewater show optimal gas and oil production. My family has gone through a disenrichment since this lease was completed in a systematic way to defeat our share of the oil and gas in this shale field.  This is not Russia, Saudi Arabia, or Nigeria where the government owns all the oil and gas, Exxon-Mobil is not the government although it has paid my family nothing of the fair market value of the oil and gas produced from this lease since 1981.  I received a royalty check for ten cents from the company the other day and realized that the long term aspects of this fraud must be evaluated on a criminal level at your office.    

No comments:

Post a Comment